10 Genocide Questions

Parev & Hello to all. I'm new on this forum and over the last 2 years have been reading up on the Armenian genocide. It really saddens me to read and I try not to because I find it very upsetting and disturbing... but once I have gotten over the horrors of what I have read on the internet there always lingers; some questions in my mind which I can't find the answer for. I am hoping maybe some of you guys would be able to help me answer some of these from your own family's history and the information passed on to you from your elders. Most of the posts here I can't understand, due to the language as I'm not Armenian. Hoping there are some English-speakers who can help. Please let me know and I shall start to post the first 5 questions. :)

Parev & Hello to all. I'm new on this forum and over the last 2 years have been reading up on the Armenian genocide. It really saddens me to read and I try not to because I find it very upsetting and disturbing... but once I have gotten over the horrors of what I have read on the internet there always lingers; some questions in my mind which I can't find the answer for. I am hoping maybe some of you guys would be able to help me answer some of these from your own family's history and the information passed on to you from your elders. Most of the posts here I can't understand, due to the language as I'm not Armenian. Hoping there are some English-speakers who can help. Please let me know and I shall start to post the first 5 questions. :)

ask questions

Hi, Athar

I do speak English. So go on with your questions and opinions. Last will be interesting for us as well.

You may also talk to me via skype, feel free to ask my nick in private msg here in forum.

Hi, Athar

I do speak English. So go on with your questions and opinions. Last will be interesting for us as well.

You may also talk to me via skype, feel free to ask my nick in private msg here in forum.

Hi. Thankyou for your welcoming response Bvahan. I appreciate your invitation to talk to you on Skype and I will definately msg you re; this. Instead of posting 5 questions I think I will start with just two and see how it goes and the kind of responses I get and then maybe post more. Only yesterday I fell out with a turkish friend of mine for mentioning the words 'Armenian genocide' to him. I don't want to make any enemies on here too lol! On the other hand a female Turkish friend of mine in Antalya admits the genocide happened (she says her grandparents had a Armenian maid and they gave her up for the genocide) and that Turkish people know it happened!! Quite a contast to the Turkish male friend of mine! More about them two later, here are the first questions...

1. According to internet sources the Armenian menfolk above a certain age were all massacared during the genocide, howevor you can see pictures which show caravans with men in them arriving in Der-el-zor. What was the reality? Also would it not have caused a huge gender-imbalance for many decades if this was the case?

2. How did the ottoman troops/gendarmerie singularly lead each group of people to the desert's without running out of food/water supplies for themselves as the journey could take weeks/months in extreme cases?

There may be a very logical reason for the above. I naturally have a very inquisitive mind that always needs answers!. I sincerely hope my questions don't offend anyone..

Hi. Thankyou for your welcoming response Bvahan. I appreciate your invitation to talk to you on Skype and I will definately msg you re; this. Instead of posting 5 questions I think I will start with just two and see how it goes and the kind of responses I get and then maybe post more. Only yesterday I fell out with a turkish friend of mine for mentioning the words 'Armenian genocide' to him. I don't want to make any enemies on here too lol! On the other hand a female Turkish friend of mine in Antalya admits the genocide happened (she says her grandparents had a Armenian maid and they gave her up for the genocide) and that Turkish people know it happened!! Quite a contast to the Turkish male friend of mine! More about them two later, here are the first questions...

1. According to internet sources the Armenian menfolk above a certain age were all massacared during the genocide, howevor you can see pictures which show caravans with men in them arriving in Der-el-zor. What was the reality? Also would it not have caused a huge gender-imbalance for many decades if this was the case?

2. How did the ottoman troops/gendarmerie singularly lead each group of people to the desert's without running out of food/water supplies for themselves as the journey could take weeks/months in extreme cases?

There may be a very logical reason for the above. I naturally have a very inquisitive mind that always needs answers!. I sincerely hope my questions don't offend anyone..

The old turkish lies. We can see this photo? Where are pictures of which you write? We do not need your and Obama's a liar opinions. We need a nemesis.
The old turkish lies. We can see this photo? Where are pictures of which you write? We do not need your and Obama's a liar opinions. We need a nemesis.

How very rude! I have not made any opinion and nor am I a Turk. If you cannot communicate like a decent human being then please do not take part in this discussion. Thankyou!

Цитата удалена. Просьба обходиться без комментариев.

dzer karciqov, duq berum eq oqut et dzevi ura-patriotizmov?

shalvum eq

et dzer verabermunq@ berum e mec vnas

chimanalov et mard, duq viravorum eq

ov tvec dzes ayd iravunq@ etpes kopit dzevov hosel mer hyuri het?

es hosaci ir het

inq turk chi voch el pashpanum e iranc

harc tvoxin viravorelov duq vnas eq anum mer entanur gorcin

Edited by Nazel
dzer karciqov, duq berum eq oqut et dzevi ura-patriotizmov?

shalvum eq

et dzer verabermunq@ berum e mec vnas

chimanalov et mard, duq viravorum eq

ov tvec dzes ayd iravunq@ etpes kopit dzevov hosel mer hyuri het?

es hosaci ir het

inq turk chi voch el pashpanum e iranc

harc tvoxin viravorelov duq vnas eq anum mer entanur gorcin

Qezi inchic vnas?Vor et xiyare,te urish xiyar sarkozi-obama mi ban chasen irar kongressnerum? Ba dzez ovе tvec iravunke, im paperi hishatankov arevtur anek? Dzer strukneri mitke aveli shat vnase anum.

Et eshe parzapes turka. Nranq asumen, vor nkarner kan, u sksvumen himar harzer tan. Togh et nkarnere cuyc ta skzbic.

Attn.: Армавир

Dear Mister Аpмaвиp,

There are complaints coming from other users regarding your alleged violations of this forum's Rules. Please watch your language and show some respect for the Rules:

http://forum.hayastan.com/index.php?showtopic=93

Kars

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t understand who and why remove my article “One question and one answer” from a new title in this place, but in 1980-1992 the Institute of foreign policy of Turkey, Ankara published permanently, a few time an anonymous booklets “Nine questions and in response – Armenian problem”. There was no official answer from USSR or from Arm. SSR, but the West-Armenians from France, Germany, Austria and Bulgaria made and give an answer, published under the name of Bulgarian journalist Delcho Balabanov in 1992. The booklet was edited by “Erevan” weekly newspaper in Sofia, Bulgaria and by Institute for Armenian cause in Munhen (Munih, Munch), Germany. In this booklet was used more than 92 source of origin documents and official publishing form which I would like to mention specially the “Armenian question and International law", Beyrut (Beirut),1973 in Oppenheimer-Lanterpacht (Counterpane)-Internation law, 1955,vol.I and the corpus “A Crime of Silence", The Zorian Institute, Cambridge, Mass.,1985. May be it was be useful for Mr. Athar.

I don't understand who and why remove my article "One question and one answer" from a new title in this place, but in 1980-1992 the Institute of foreign policy of Turkey, Ankara published permanently, a few time an anonymous booklets "Nine questions and in response – Armenian problem". There was no official answer from USSR or from Arm. SSR, but the West-Armenians from France, Germany, Austria and Bulgaria made and give an answer, published under the name of Bulgarian journalist Delcho Balabanov in 1992. The booklet was edited by "Erevan" weekly newspaper in Sofia, Bulgaria and by Institute for Armenian cause in Munhen (Munih, Munch), Germany. In this booklet was used more than 92 source of origin documents and official publishing form which I would like to mention specially the "Armenian question and International law", Beyrut (Beirut),1973 in Oppenheimer-Lanterpacht (Counterpane)-Internation law, 1955,vol.I and the corpus "A Crime of Silence", The Zorian Institute, Cambridge, Mass.,1985. May be it was be useful for Mr. Athar.

Thankyou Kirkor! I shall have a look to see if I can find both the Turkish version and the response booklet from the West Armenians. I always try to look at things from both sides. I have no idea why your original article was moved, maybe the moderator's thought it would be useful to add new light to this conversation, I'm not sure. :)

Thankyou Kirkor! I shall have a look to see if I can find both the Turkish version and the response booklet from the West Armenians. I always try to look at things from both sides. I have no idea why your original article was moved, maybe the moderator's thought it would be useful to add new light to this conversation, I'm not sure. :)

Понятное дело, зачем передвинули новую тему в этот уголок!!!

In both case what we have here is The Empire of The Evil and this is for sure!!!