Ultimate Christian Union of the 6th century AD

Nice map, but it could be more accurate:

- Britain in that map is not shown as a part of the Christan World.

- Bysanzine Armenia is shown in the map, but the other part o Armenia (Parsarmenia) is not indicated in the Persian Empire.

- Also, the Eastern and Western parts of the Roman Empire at that time were separate countries already.

- Finlly, in that map the German tribes are shown outside the Christian World, whereas they in fact already were Christian.

Here is another, more accurate map of the same period taken from Historical EuroAtlas attached:

post-16929-1125589737.jpg

Mig, it's just a map of the Eastern Roman Empire at its greatest extent, not a map of the Christian World.

Frankish dominions and the Visigothic Kingdom are also fully highlighted along with the Western portion of the Sassanian Empire.

Btw, under Justinian most of the gains were realized by Belisarius and three Romano-Armenian generals, most famous of whom was Narses Kamsarakan. Narses defeated the Ostrogothic chieftain Totila as well as an army of Franks and Alemanni. He was also insturmental in stopping the infamous Nika riots.

Narses.jpg

Mig, it's just a map of the Eastern Roman Empire at its greatest extent, not a map of the Christian World.

Well, he wrote: "Ultimate Christian Union of the 6th century".

By the way, Phrygian, can you understadn the Greek text at the map? I can't...

By the way, Phrygian, can you understadn the Greek text at the map? I can't...

Transliterated roughly: Basileos Basileon Basileyon Basileyonton

It means: King of Kings Ruling Over Rulers

For example Tigran Mets had on his coins: ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ ΤΙΓΡΑΝΟΥ/BASILEOS TIGRANOY/KING TIGRAN or ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ ΜΕΓΑΛΟΥ ΤΙΓΡΑΝΟΥ ΦΙΛΕΛΗΝΟ/KING TIGRAN THE GREAT PHILHELLENE

Armenian form of Basil is Barsel (l's turned gh after, like patarakal became patarakagh), the Russian form is Vasiliy.

Edited by Phrygian

:lol: :lol:

i saw it maaan

Specially the part when they hit on funerals :haha:

This movie is hilarious!!! :up:

So this is what u do heh? Dude, I wanna join the club

Haha, yeah that's when Will Ferrell showed up for an Old School reunion.

You have to check out the 40 Year Old Virgin, I saw it yesterday and half the audience was crying and cracking up it was so hilarious. Anyway, back to the Roman Empire, too much offtopicking.