Let's Learn Russian !

Unfortunately, I don't have Armenian fonts to properly explain and describe how do Russian letters sound, so I'll try to do that using Latin letters. So please, read them as just they sound in Latin languages, not as in English. For example, when I write [ i ] - it does not sound like I in I'm. it sounds like E in English Alphabet. When I write [ U ] - it's not like "you" - it's like "oo" in moon. When I write [ e ] , you must read it as first E in "Yerevan".

Hope you understand what am I talking about! ;)

Hope you understand what am I talking about

I understand, thank you for the contribution.

Անչափ շնորհակալ եմ, ձեր սուղ ժամանակից մեզ տրամադրելու համար:

:D

Bagirka jan, excellent idea, and thank you very much for taking up such an endeavor!

Now, to make it easier for you to introduce Russian alphabet and transliteration of Russian letters to your students, and in order to save your time and effort, I strongly recommend to refer them to this site, to begin with: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/russian.htm

If and when a question comes up regarding pronunciation of a particular letter or a phoneme, you can always go into details and explain the peculiarities of Russian spelling and phonetics.

Hope I was helpful here. :)

We’ll also do something in this regard for your Armenian-speaking students later – that involves a lot of work. You mentioned that you don’t have Armenian fonts – I’ll try to be helpful there, too.

Once you have learned how to read and pronounce Russian letters, we can start using a simple phrases to make sure you memorize them easily and use between each ohter.

Привет - Hi.

Меня зовут - My name is...

Как тебя зовут? - What is your name?

Как ты? OR Как дела? How are you (doing)?

I have underlined the vowels to accent on.

That will be enough for the first time, I don't want to overload you, but you can already talk to each other a little bit.

Բագիրկա ջան,

«Վի ոչին գրասիվայա» ի՞նչ կը նշանակէ եւ ինչպէս կը գրուի: :flag:

Ջանամ հայատառ գրել մէջբերումդ.

Պրիվետ- բարեւ

Մեգա զովյուտ-իմ անունն է...

Կակ տեբյա զովյուտ ? անունդ ի՞նչ է

Կակ տի ? Կակ դելա ? ո՞նց ես

Привет - Hi.

Меня зовут - My name is...

Как тебя зовут? - What is your name?

Как ты? OR Как дела? How are you (doing)?

No-no! Tehc chi lini, Tarer@ HA piti sovoreq joghovurd jan! Te che aid amen@ lurdj chi lini.

Ev inchqan hnaravore - artasanel..... apsos sound filer@ chkan kam hnaravor che texadrel...

Voch te MEGA zovut ail menya zovut :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, guys, let's learn some tenses of some most used verbs. As I know, you already can read Russian, so I will type usig Russian letters. I'll start with the verb "to want" (Хотеть) The vowels to accent on are red. Verb is given in the regular present tense.

Я хочу - I want

Ты хочешь - you want

Он/она хочет - he/she wants

Вы хотите - you are want (plural)

Они хотят - they want

To be able to make sentences you may need some other verbs - I'll give them to you in indefinite form for now.

Есть - to eat

Спать - to sleep

Знать - to know

Жить - to live

Видеть - to see

I'm not giving you too many words so you can memorize them easily and never forget. If you want to say that you DO NOT want to do something, you just nee to put the preposition "не" before any verb, meaning want, - the same way as you do in English. I mean, "не" in Russian phrase has the place of "don't" or "doesn't" in English.

For my next visit please try to make some very simple sentences using given verbs. It must be a piece of cake for you! J See you next time!

• 1 year later...
Все чего-то хотят-хотят. А мы? Мы не хотим? Мы тоже хотим! :p

Уже больше года - никто не хочет учить русский язык. :( Я имею в виду, у нас на форуме.

А между тем появляются новые хорошие ресурсы для интересующихся русским языком. :)

Hey Russian Learners! Appear to these Russian lessons! :angry:

Помощь нужна? Как никак 6 лет стажа рки имею :)

Тут почти все только по-русски и говорят. Где же вы найдете учеников?

Вот не помню, КТО конкретно меня заставил такую тему сделать..... но не по своей инициативе делала, точно говорю. :)

Тут почти все только по-русски и говорят. Где же вы найдете учеников?

Но некоторые говорят безграмотно :lol: ;)

Ох нужна!!! Ооооох нужна!! Непосильную взяла я на себя ношууу!!!

Давай.....

Я сегодня сделаю сканер нашего вводно-фонетического курса и тут выложу :smart: post-29177-1212042168.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Как по-русски глагол «победить» в буд. времени, ед. числа, первого лица? Всегда меня "мучал" этот вопрос.