Want To Learn German?

I was inspired by the learn russian thread and it appears there is many enthusiastic learners here!i've been learning armenian with much help from a member here Ghazaryan, thanks again!i speak alright norwegian and good german so if anyone would like to learn some just give me a message or reply here!in return would be nice to improve my armenian!also i can help with better english as i have lived in england my whole life!

Heil freund.Can you tell me the meaning of "bund" or "Bundes", "Bundestag" and "Budesliga".By the way, i guess your name is Adam; Evas' husband. In Armenian "atam" means tooth (agra).

Heil freund.Can you tell me the meaning of "bund" or "Bundes", "Bundestag" and "Budesliga".By the way, i guess your name is Adam; Evas' husband. In Armenian "atam" means tooth (agra).
bundes - federalbund - Alliance Federation Union etcbundestag - German Parliamentbundesliga - landLand - Countryyes i have yet to master the use of capitol letters in any language!glad to help johan! yes my name is adam! and so you know the phrase "Heil" is considered offencive because it is linked to the nazi partyfor example, HEIL HITLER, SIEG HEIL, are said to sort of empower hitler, almost like the saying "god save the queen"
What does the Führer and Kanzler mean?
Führer is what hitler was, its like a leader! führen - to leadkanzler - chancellor.this is a posh english word! im not quiete sure what it is myself! its somebody of importance like in parliament!

Thanks for help Adam. Ich habe galernt.I did not know that the word "heil" is considered to Nazi ideology. I thought it a German word, not more.So, how can some one greets except using "gutentag" "gutenmorgen" & "gutenacht"? Are there, in German language, other greetings? By the way, how can I say thanks in German? Is it "danke schön"? or some thing like that. Dear Ghazaryan, while I remember, the surname of Prime Minister in Germany is "Kanzler". Several times I heard in media the phrase "Kanzler Helmut Kohl".An other question to you, my friends, how to say? "I speak Armenian", is it? "Ich sprache Armenischen"And how to say ", I cannot love you" :blink: Ich kann nicht lieben ihr

Thanks for help Adam. Ich habe galernt.I did not know that the word "heil" is considered to Nazi ideology. I thought it a German word, not more.So, how can some one greets except using "gutentag" "gutenmorgen" & "gutenacht"? Are there, in German language, other greetings? By the way, how can I say thanks in German? Is it "danke schön"? or some thing like that. Dear Ghazaryan, while I remember, the surname of Prime Minister in Germany is "Kanzler". Several times I heard in media the phrase "Kanzler Helmut Kohl".An other question to you, my friends, how to say? "I speak Armenian", is it? "Ich sprache Armenischen"And how to say ", I cannot love you" :blink: Ich kann nicht lieben ihr
ich sprache armenisch - i speak armenian,ich kann dir nicht lieben - i cannot love you. thats how i would say ithowever there are many ways to say YOU in german... and the others, dich du ihr dont fit into that sentance. so dir it is =Pthanks is DankeDanke schön is like thanks alot!

1-Viele gute und danke schōn mein lehrer –Very good and thanks a lot my teacher. right?2-Wier werke zusammen-we are working together. right?3-Es ist nicht alles gold, was glänzt. Not every thing glitters, is gold.4-Du hilfst der Dame. You help the lady.5-Kann ich morgen wiederkommen? Can I come back tomorrow?Ja ich kannNow, how to say "good luck" or "see you later" in German. Is it "Dasvidanya". I noticed both Russians and Germans use this word.

• 3 weeks later...

1-Viele gute und danke schōn mein lehrer –Very good and thanks a lot my teacher. right?

instead of very good, you would say

Prima

super

fantastisch

toll

these words all mean good, etc viele is many. viel is much.

2-Wier werke zusammen-we are working together. right?

Wir arbeiten zusammen

3-Es ist nicht alles gold, was glдnzt. Not every thing glitters, is gold.

yep! correct

4-Du hilfst der Dame. You help the lady.

its Die dame, but its more common to say

Hilfen sie die frau

du hilfst is informal, thats a formal situation so hilfen sie

this rule follows for ALL verbs

5-Kann ich morgen wiederkommen? Can I come back tomorrow?

correct

Ja ich kann

yes i can

Now, how to say "good luck" or "see you later" in German. Is it "Dasvidanya". I noticed both Russians and Germans use this word.

good luck is Viel glьck see you later is Tschьss

although they may use dasvidanya ive only heard those 2 in germany and they are the ones i used there

Edited by Atam