Hello, I am trying to find information on my Great Grand Father from Malatia Harpoot area. Can anyone help me locate information? I can not seem to find good information where.

Thanks

Joe Philip

Hello, Tarkanian, and welcome to this forum :welcome:

I don’t think anyone can help you with your search for your ancestors based on information you provided.

Malatia / Harput area covers a vast territory with many (formerly) Armenian towns and villages. “Bogos” and “Tarkanian” are also very common names. Without additional biographical data it will be very difficult for you to locate your origins. It’s like searching for someone named Paul Thompson in 19-th century New England.

But anyway, I wish you good luck! :hi:

Hello, Tarkanian, and welcome to this forum :welcome:

I don't think anyone can help you with your search for your ancestors based on information you provided.

Malatia / Harput area covers a vast territory with many (formerly) Armenian towns and villages. "Bogos" and "Tarkanian" are also very common names. Without additional biographical data it will be very difficult for you to locate your origins. It's like searching for someone named Paul Thompson in 19-th century New England.

But anyway, I wish you good luck! :hi:

Hello:

I have his citizenship papers, and his passports, I am unable to locate anything online from that information on line. Is tere a place that I can look or call that can help me get into the correct area or direction?

Have you tried compatriot organizations? I don’t know if there are any such organizations in the U.S., since many surviving Malatians and Kharperttsi ended up in Russian Armenia after the Genocide.

• 1 month later...