Գանգատներ և առաջարկներ մոդերատորներին

Այս թեմայում փակցրեք մոդերատորներին ուղղված գանգատները և առաջարկները:

Выставляйте в этой теме Ваши жалобы и предложения модераторам.

Please post your complaints and suggestions to the moderators in this topic.

Այս թեմայում փակցրեք մոդերատորներին ուղղված գանգատները և առաջարկները:

Выставляйте в этой теме Ваши жалобы и предложения модераторам.

Please post your complaints and suggestions to the moderators in this topic.

You altered the title of my post to suit your bigoted views, and refused to address the issues that I raised about your choice of title via a pm.

You altered the title of my post to suit your bigoted views, and refused to address the issues that I raised about your choice of title via a pm.

bell-the-cat, the title of your topic was provoking. It started with words “Armenian propaganda”, et cetera.

This is an architecture-related section, politically or emotionally charged words and attitudes will not be permitted in the topic headings.

Besides, you are accusing the entire Armenian nation of some “propaganda” – based only on words of one participant of the forum (Taronczy). Not only it is not fair, but it also demonstrates your obvious hostility towards all Armenians. This will also not be tolerated. You may keep your feelings and emotions inside yourself, but expressing Turkish propaganda and hatred openly in Armenian forum, obviously, will not be permitted.

What regards the second part of your message:

and refused to address the issues that I raised about your choice of title via a pm.

I can only say that I am not the greatest fan of “behind the scenes” conversations, and I am not obligated to communicate via PM with anyone who simply wishes to do so. This is an open forum, please feel free to raise your questions and express your concerns openly.

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. You may suggest another title for your topic, I will gladly edit it.

I had already sent you a PM with an alternative title - you did not reply to that pm.

Though that alternative title did not use the word "propaganda", it is my opinion (and I think it would be the opinion of every scholar) that "Armenian Propaganda" is a correct and NEUTRAL term to use to describe the production and propagation by Armenians of material claiming that other people's cultural creations are Armenian by fabricating a fake Armenian identity for them.

Edited by bell-the-cat
bell-the-cat, the title of your topic was provoking. It started with words ”Armenian propaganda”, et cetera.

This is an architecture-related section, politically or emotionally charged words and attitudes will not be permitted in the topic headings.

Besides, you are accusing the entire Armenian nation of some ”propaganda” – based only on words of one participant of the forum (Taronczy). Not only it is not fair, but it also demonstrates your obvious hostility towards all Armenians. This will also not be tolerated. You may keep your feelings and emotions inside yourself, but expressing Turkish propaganda and hatred openly in Armenian forum, obviously, will not be permitted.

What regards the second part of your message:

I can only say that I am not the greatest fan of ”behind the scenes” conversations, and I am not obligated to communicate via PM with anyone who simply wishes to do so. This is an open forum, please feel free to raise your questions and express your concerns openly.

First you warn me against mentioning in the open forum any decision made by moderators, saying it is against the forum's rules. Then, when I raise the issue privately, you go against your previous advice and say that a moderator's decision should be not only mentioned but discussed in the open!

You complain about me calling "propagada" some obvious lies produced by some extremist Armenians, yet you think it acceptable to use a phrase like "Turkish propaganda". Where have I been posting "Turkish propaganda? And you seem to think that those lies are (or should be) believed by "the entire Armenian nation". They seem to be believed by you (quote "I will not be surprised if it turns out that these two structures are indeed former Armenian churches"), but you are not "the entire Armenian nation". Apologise or back up your words. :angry:

Edited by bell-the-cat

bell-the-cat, instead of writing these boring and meaningless tirades, why don’t you simply come up with a new heading for your topic? That will be more effective and meaningful.

Also: I don’t save old messages in my PM box, so most probably your message was, along with others, deleted.

Just suggest a new title, without wasting your and my valuable time. Very simple, isn’t it? :)

bell-the-cat, instead of writing these boring and meaningless tirades, why don’t you simply come up with a new heading for your topic? That will be more effective and meaningful.

Also: I don’t save old messages in my PM box, so most probably your message was, along with others, deleted.

Just suggest a new title, without wasting your and my valuable time. Very simple, isn’t it? :)

"Armenian propaganda directed at buildings in Turkey"

"Armenian propaganda directed at buildings in Turkey"

No. Politically charged or emotional headings will not be permitted in a non-political, art-related topic.

No. Politically charged or emotional headings will not be permitted in a non-political, art-related topic.

Maybe you do not understand English quite well enough, or maybe you are making assumptions based on Russian Soviet-period viewpoints (when everthing from the West was dismissed as "propaganda"). However, in English, the word propaganda is not "politically charged" or "emotional", it is simply a word used to describe a particular type of material that is produced and distributed for ideological reasons and in which truth plays little or no part.

However, based on your previous pronouncement in which you stated that you would not be surprised to learn that the medresse and mosque in Erzurum were converted Armenian churches, I am inclined to believe that you do not wish this title because your understanding of Armenian and Islamic architecture is limited to the extent that you cannot distinguish obvious propaganda from legitimate architectural theories.

Edited by bell-the-cat

And isn't a title like "Stop Azerbaijan's Destruction of Armenian Cemetery" politically charged and emotional?

If you want a title that is very specific to the content of the thread then "Misinformation being spread about Islamic monuments in Erzurum" would do.

Edited by bell-the-cat