Philosophical Writings

Philosophical Writings: The Wondrous Universe of Armen Melikian

REVIEW EXCERPT

In his philosophical writings, posited strategically throughout the novel, Melikian exposes the myriad tenets and assumptions, including those of religion, that have brought humanity to the complex, interwoven paradigms of hyper-consumerism, global capital, and environmental degradation on the one hand, and an ominous resurgence of nationalism and religious extremism on the other.

This novel proposes a radically humanistic alternative to our present plight, with Melikian’s philosophical writings providing an eminently sensible rationale for an exuberant vision of change.

Paul McCarthy, New York Times bestselling author and a professor at the University of Ulster, Ireland, whose lifelong career has included key posts at three of the largest publishing houses in the world, has written of Melikian’s work: “In Journey to Virginland, what I have found, consistently, was one of the most creatively, philosophically, culturally, semantically, and thematically ambitious novels I’ve ever read in my 35 years of professional life.”

Click here to read the article:

http://www.journeytovirginland.com/philoso...al-writings.htm