IMORTANT Re: recent actions in Krasnodar

Recently an anti Armenian campaign was started by the officials of Krasnodar region in Russia, where over 500,000 Armenians live (actually it is not only an anti Armenian campaign but also anti Kurdish, anti Georgian and even anti Azeri, but so far only Armenians have suffered). For example, the Governor of Krasnodar Alexandr Tkachev in his interview to a local newspaper said that ”any last name ending with ”-yan” or ”-shvili”* is going to be considered as illegal”! * Georgian last names.As a result some ”unknown” criminals vandalized Armenian cemetery in Krasnodar, and some police operations were carried against Armenian migrants. Those actions are backed not only by local authorities, but also by local paramilitary groups of kazaks.Below is the English translation of a sample text of the letter which we ask you to send to the office of Vladimir Putin the President of Russian Federation. The text was originally created by the Union of Armenians in Russia. You may also write your own letter (actually that would be much better).Neither I nor the translators are native English speakers, so please notify if there are any mistakes.Thank youThe text of the letter follows=============================Vladimir V. PutinPresident Russian Federation[email protected]COPIES TO:Administration of Krasnodar Region[email protected]"Yerkramas" The news paper of Armenian Community in Southern Russia[email protected]Dear Mr. President,I would like to declare my protest against the recent actions of the Governor of Krasnodar Region Aleksandr Tkachev and people from his team, who carry a direct responsibility in setting the stage for ethnic cleansings thus hurting the foundations of peace and calm in the region and creating a direct threat to an integrity and existence of Russia as a multiethnic state.Such actions hurt the prestige and image of Russia as a civilized country in the eyes of the international community.  They also threaten the strategic alliance between Russia and Republic of Armenia and may develop anti Russian moods within Armenian Diaspora worldwide.The recent attempts of Governor Aleksandr Tkachev to explain the acts of vandalism in Armenian cemetery in the city of Krasnodar, where about 50 gravestones have been destroyed, by actions of a disappointed group of soccer fans acting under drug influence are simply not convincing.  I am in no doubt that those actions were a direct consequence of the Governor’s attempt to set a fascist regime in the region.I demand that the Governor and his followers be brought to justice in a criminal court and take full responsibility for their criminal actions as it is required by the international responsibilities of Russia and its own law.Date (dd/mm/yyyy)Full NameCity, CountryFull address (optional)================================End of the textOriginally translated by Vitalina from Samara, Russia(Victoria Agadjanova - http://vostochka.narod.ru/).2 moderatorIf you feel this is an inapropriate topic for this particular forum feel free to move it and, please, notify me.