comments

Guest arabaliozian

Guest arabaliozian
Wednesday, October 23, 2002*******************************Anti-Semites no longer say "Some of my best friends are Jews!" (thus implying anyone who doesn't qualify is probably guilty until proven innocent); what they say is: "How can I be prejudiced against Jews if my hatred of them is fully justified?" (remember the Nazis?), or, "Everything I say about bad Jews has been said by good Jews and I will quote chapter and verse…." But if we were to quote Russians against Russians, the French against themselves, Armenians against Armenians (Movses Khorenatsi, Yeghishe, Raffi, Voskanian, Baronian, Odian, Zohrab, Massikian, Shahnour, Zarian, and many, many others), and so on…no race, religion, nation or tribe would escape universal hatred. It is the easiest thing in the world to rationalize emotions. It is done all the time. All religions, ideologies, and closed systems of thought do it. Which is why politics is also defined as "organized hatred." Next time you find yourself hating a group, take a good look at your own group and ask yourself: "Who is trying to manipulate me?"____