Hi, Yes nor em stegh.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm Armenian, born in Iran, living in US for the last 25 years.

I am considering moving to Armenia, I have a few questions about 'living' in Armenia. I would very much appreciate any help.

Spill your guts, axper ... questions

Hi,

Great. Well, I want to know how much the cost of living is currently in Armenia.

For example, how much would it cost for a single man to 'get by' (rent, food, etc)per month. Nothing "extravagant", just simple living.

Also, what kind of jobs are available ?

Sorry, I'm clueless about life in Armenia

Thanks

Edited by GuitARA
Hi,

Great. Well, I want to know how much the cost of living is currently in Armenia. 

For example, how much would it cost for a single man to 'get by'  (rent, food, etc)per month.  Nothing "extravagant", just simple living.

Also, what kind of jobs are available ?

Sorry, I'm clueless about life in Armenia

Thanks

with $ 300 - 400 you should do ok

renting a studio in the central part of the city can go from $ 70 to 120 . Normally, studio comes with a large kitchen (nowhere close to a crummy kitchen in NYC), a balcony with the view on Ararat ( you get that from almost every building in Yerevan) , and a bathroom. You should probably think about buying some basic furniture and electrical appliances: electrical oven, water heater tank (that's for taking showers), small fridge and etc

though some apartments for rent come with furniture and appliances included and go at a higher (extra $ 30-40) rates. You also pay for the electricity and water. In the winter months electrical bill can run up to $ 50-70.

Food is cheap if you cook home, if not and you dine everyday out your food bill should not be more than $ 150-200

Now the job: that of course would depend on your professional skills and the resume (degrees, languages and etc). But take my advice and plan things in advance especially with the job

Edited by xes

with $ 300 - 400 you should do ok

renting a studio in the central part of the city can go from $ 70 to 120 . Normally, studio comes with a large kitchen (nowhere close to a crummy kitchen in NYC), a balcony with the view on Ararat ( you get that from almost every building in Yerevan) , and a bathroom. You should probably think about buying some basic furniture and electrical appliances: electrical oven, water heater tank (that's for taking showers), small fridge and etc

though some apartments for rent come with furniture and appliances included and go at a higher (extra $ 30-40) rates. You also pay for the electricity and water. In the winter months electrical bill can run up to $ 50-70.

Food is cheap if you cook home, if not and you dine everyday out your food bill should not be more than $ 150-200

Now the job: that of course would depend on your professional skills and the resume (degrees, languages and etc). But take my advice and plan things in advance especially with the job

That sounds very reasonable. So I take it, that there is actually work to be found.

Actually, I would be looking for a NON - professional job i.e., NO OFFICE JOB. :down:

One last thing ...

Is the power the same in Armenia as it is in the US. 110v, 220v, ???

Thanks

That sounds very reasonable. So I take it, that there is actually work to be found.

Actually, I would be looking for a NON - professional job i.e., NO OFFICE JOB. :down:

One last thing ...

Is the power the same in Armenia as it is in the US. 110v, 220v, ???

Thanks

220 V