Процесс

Guest Мурка

[Давайте внесем ясность, определимся с базовыми понятиями. Что такое вера в себя?]

Davaite.

This is to you form my secretary :

If you think you are beaten, you are.

If you think you dare not, you don’t.

If you would like to win but think you can’t,

It’s almost certain that you won’t.

Life’s battles don’t always go

To the stronger woman or man,

But sooner or later, those who win

Are those who think they can.

As from me here you are.

Well as far as I know all students were advised to learn and know in advance that Kafka spent his life in perpetual depression and blamed alternately his father and himself.

May I suggest that you compare The Judgment, The Trial, and In The Penal Colony. Is Josef K. any more or less tragic than other characters? To me the greatest sin, especially in existentialism, is a failure to be authentic in the sense Jean -Paul Sartre (who likewise Kafka more or less spent his life in depression) used the term.

Something does not seem authentic about most of Kafka's characters - they do not seem true to themselves. It is one thing to accept a situation, it is another to fail to assert an identity.

Existentialism, and philosophy in general, is infected with a variety of lexicons, unfortunately. Definitions of words vary by philosopher; no two seem to use a word to mean the same thing. When thinkers differ in meanings, I attempt to explain when, how, and why — if we can ever understand why people change words.

As there is no one answer to what is existential, so I am going to present what is not in an attempt to clarify things through the fog.

By first understanding what existentialism excludes, discussions of what might be included become possible (here you are - logic).

Existentialism does not support any of the following:

1.The good life is one of wealth, pleasure, or honor.

2.Social approval and social structure trump the individual.

3.Accept what is and that is enough in life.

4.Science can and will make everything better.

5.People are good by nature, ruined by society or external forces.

There are, according to existentialism and its predecessor, phenomenology, some problems with Western philosophical traditions. The basic problem is that humans are not good, sharing, generous creatures. Children are what we remain our entire lives… greedy, manipulative, brats. Some people disguise it better than others. We struggle to be social creatures. Society is unnatural. Rules are difficult. “Mine” is naturally a child’s way of thinking. It is soon followed by “I didn’t do it!”

Existentialism requires the active acceptance of our nature. It is the human condition to desire. To want. To seek more, even when that “more” is “more of less.” It is a desire to prove something to ourselves, as well as others. People use various tools to get what the want - stealing (to get what does not belong to one - being thoughts, things, style, etc..), deceiving, adding , deducting, creating, you name it….

As per your posting [Я плохо ориентируюсь в пустоте, приходится верить тебе. Человеку надо во что-то верить, мне пока проще верить в людей.] I am sure someone like you should know that v pystote okazyvajutsja te kto p@tajetsja ukrast’ to cho ne prenodlezim im, ispolzuja vse orudia dlja etogo- poluchiv obychno im svetit tjurma, - ne poluchiv - pustota!

A poluchit’ to chto im ne prenodlezit - ob’chno etim zanimajutsja te kto ne mozet sozdavat’ svajo ili ne nravitsj to chto y nich jest’ i.t.d…. (you may wish to clarify your understanding of the terms : such as “self” and “belief“….you are welcome to refer to Sartre for help!!).

Yours

Bond

Edited by Bond70