two

Guest arabaliozian

Guest arabaliozian
ON -ISMS********************Vegetarianism is the only safe ism. All other isms – from patriotism, nationalism, communism, and capitalism to fascism, anti-Semitism, tribalism, fundamentalism, Ottomanism, Armenianism (to mention only a handful), …all boil down to cannibalism. Give a civilized, compassionate and dedicated patriot a friendly regime and a machine gun and before you can say Jack S. Avanakian he will turn into a cannibal even if he happens to be a lifelong vegetarian.Friday, September 27, 2002*****************************Many years ago when I went into this business I decided never to be rude to my fellow Armenians. That’s when I took myself seriously and thought I could make a difference. I know better now. Some people see the light and change. I saw the darkness and came to terms with reality. Far better men than myself have failed to change anything. Nothing I say will change the mind of a single reader who is infatuated with his own recycled crap which he considers to be the latest word in human wisdom. No power on earth can save a nation that is bent on suicide. "In sorrow seek happiness," Dostoevsky tells us. Perhaps it is in despair that we find our authentic voice.