Tigran the Great

Hi, im currently doing a BIG reaserch on tigran the great for college and i was wondering if anybody would have any information on tigran any information is welcome and also a map of the hellenstic world at the tiem fot igran would be more than welcome if anobdy would have a link for one :) .... also if anyone would know where i could buy a copy of Khachik Dashtents's Tgran the great that would really help me thx alot :)

could you please awnser in english because my armenian is not so good and i dont understand russian at all thanks alot :)

Hi, im currently doing a BIG reaserch on tigran the great for college and i was wondering if anybody would have any information on tigran any information is welcome and also a map of the hellenstic world at the tiem fot igran would be more than welcome if anobdy would have a link for one :) .... also if anyone would know where i could buy a copy of Khachik Dashtents's Tgran the great that would really help me thx alot :)

could you please awnser in english because my armenian is not so good and i dont understand russian at all thanks alot :)

Hi, to tell the truth all the published maps do not have the information that is known about Tigran the Great. For example, the Nabatean Kingdom was within the borders of the Armenian Empire, but 99% of the maps do not mention it.

here is a map

gallery_241_46_93666.jpg

You can get info at www.armenianhighland.com , www.armenianhistory.info

gallery_241_49_1093745558.gif

Dashtents is a literature writer and not a history scientist.

Look also Dawid Marshall Lang "ARMENIA. THE CRADLE OF CIVILISATION".

ill look for it thx but id really like to read that novel on tigran do you know if its available in english and in canada ? thx

I dont know if there is an English version. after all it is novel and it does not containt historical data. I remembered something whoch might interest you. There is not other empereor, king, worrior or leader in the world after whom have been written more operas thatn after Tigran thr great. Hayk Khachatryan, gives the list of all operas written in the honor of Tigran Great by non-Armenians and the list contians more than 20 operas (Mostly written in Italy) in his book "Tigran the greAT"