My Brother's Road

Markar Melkonian

"My Brother's Road: An American's Fateful Journey to Armenia"

Ov vor kardacel e, asum en, lavn e, masterpiece e: :)

Mi qani hatvatsner kareli e kardal aystegh. :)

Book Description

Known at various times as "Abu Sindi", "Timothy Sean McCormick", "Saro", and "Commander Avo", Monte Melkonian was denounced in Europe as an international terrorist, while his adopted homeland of Armenia decorated him as a national hero who led a force of 4,000 men to victory in Azerbaijan. Markar Melkonian spent seven years unravelling the mystery of his brother's road: a journey which began in his ancestors' town in Turkey and led to a blood-splattered square in Tehran, the Kurdish mountains, the bomb-pocked streets of Beirut, and finally, to the windswept heights of mountainous Karabagh. Monte's life embodied the agony and the follies of the end of the Cold War and the unraveling of the Soviet Union. Yet, who was this man, really? A terrorist or a hero? My Brother's Road is not just the story of a long journey and a short life, it is an attempt to understand what happens when one man decides that violent deeds speak louder than words

Amazony Taner Akcami "From Empire to Republic"-i het a vatcharum...

post-11402-1110162791.jpg

Edited by An Armenian