Виген Закарян

Vicken Zakarian (1969 - 1992)

[attachmentid=18808]

Vigen Zakarian was born in Beirut and was a member of the Lebanese Youth Union (LYU). He took an active part in preservation of the Armenian identity in Lebanon. He arrived in Armenia in 1992 to participate in the Artsakh defense, then he headed for Shushi to fight for the liberation of Shushi. He died the same year, on May 8, 1992 during liberation of Zarislu village near Shushi. He is buried in the Yerablur pantheon next to his friends.

One of the Tsakhkadzor school classes has been named after Vigen Zakarian. In addition, the central hall of LYU has also been named after him. Vigen Zakarian was presented with the medal of courage.

"I want Ararat, I want freedom, independent and beautiful Armenia. I want to see and kiss the land where Armenian peasants live, where Armenian soldiers are, where Armenian revolutionary blood rests," reads Zakarian's diary. He came to Armenia not only to see and defend but to die for the freedom of his motherland.

post-241-1128991788.jpg