Top 4 Blu-ray Rippers

Top 4 Blu-ray rippers

Trough surfing the Internet for some time, I’ve collected dozens of Blu-ray rippers developed for Windows user. With the special intention of figuring out which one is the best of all, I’ve tested nearly each of them, and finally pushed out this comment to show my own opinion about the top 4 Blu-ray rippers summarized by myself. Hope it will be of some help for you, and any criticism is appreciated. Now, let’s have a look at these 4 BD rippers one by one together.

No.1 Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper

blurayripper.jpg

Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper is the best one among all the splitters I have tested. It is an independent DVD and Blu-Ray ripper with Windows 7 support, which is capable of decrypting unprotected and protected DVDs and Blu-ray disks without the support of third party software.

Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper can rip and convert your Blu-ray movies and general DVDs into other popular audio and video formats like AVI, ASF, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, SWF, RM, 3GP, AAC, AC3, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, M4A, etc., so that you can playback them on your beloved portable players like iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, Blackberry, PSP, Creative Zen, Xbox, etc., or import them to Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere to make your own movies, or do something else as you like. Moreover, it has a unique option called “Copy”, through which you can directly backup your DVD .vob files and Blu-ray .m2ts files to the hard drive of your PC or an external hard drive, and still keep the format of .vob and .m2ts without any quality loss.

Additionally, this Blu-ray ripper allows user adjusting video and audio parameters like bit rate, frame rate , sample rate, aspect ratio, audio channels, etc., that means you are able to compress the file size of your Blu-ray discs according to your own requirements.

Best of all, it is really affordable, only $49 US dollars, the cheapest of all the BD rippers I’ve ever seen.

No.2: AnyDVD HD

3948935343_76d3e46181.jpg

AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD support, including decryption of Blu-ray (BD+ and AACS) and HD DVD (AACS) movies.

By comparison, it lacks some functions that Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper has, namely, it does not support adjusting customized settings like bit rate, resolution, etc, also changing sub-title and audio track are both unavailable.

AnyDVD HD is good at removing all sorts of BD protections, but when it comes to file size compression, it can not do anything about it.

It will cost 63 euros, equals to $92 US dollars, much expensive than Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper and the later rippers.

No.3: Top Blu-ray Ripper

3949642370_0eb86e611b.jpg

It is capable of decrypting blu-ray disks to all the popular video and audio formats, like FLV, SWF, MOV, 3GP, 3GPP2, MKV, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4, WMV, RM, etc. Moreover, it supports previewing the movie before ripping, clipping the movie freely, snapshot the images in the preview, automatically shutting down the computer, etc., and supports batch ripping. All these functions are all had by Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper.

However, compare with Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper and AnyDVD HD, Top Blu-ray Ripper can not decrypt Blu-ray (BD+ and AACS), and remove region codes. Furthermore, the same with AnyDVD HD, it is unable to select Audio track language as well.

Its price is $69.9 US dollars, higher than those of Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper and the later Earth Bluray Ripper.

No.4: Earth Bluray Ripper

1_1.jpg

Earth Bluray Ripper is able to rip and convert blu-ray discs and general DVDs to the format of AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV, RM, 3GP, SWF, ASF, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, OGG, , etc., and allows users previewing the movie before ripping, as well as clipping any segment from the whole movie, snapshot the moving pictures in preview, customizing video quality, video size, audio quality and audio channels, supporting batch converting, automatically shutdown the computer after ripping work is finished.

It seems that it has nearly the similar functions as Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper. But why do I put it here in the 4th place? That is totally because of its inferior decrypting ability. Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper and AnyDVD HD can absolutely decrypt all the Blu-ray files you throw on it, while Earth Bluray Ripper sometimes can only work on some of them selectively.

Furthermore, the same with Top Blu-ray Ripper, it does not support showing all chapters, therefore, users can not split their DVD or Blu-ray movies by chapters. This is a key point that needs improvement.

It will spend you $49.99 US dollars.