notes

Guest arabaliozian

Guest arabaliozian
PARALLELS******************************Zionism and Israel are as much reactions against anti-semitism as Armenian nationalism and terrorism are reactions against Turkish oppression and crimes against humanity.*The world will never view Turks through Armenian eyes in the same way that it will never view Americans through Afro-American eyes, Russians through Chechen eyes, Indians through the eyes of Untouchables, and so on….*Our tribalism is our responsibility, our Genocide someone else’s. Emphasizing the Genocide allows us to assert moral superiority. *Let us expose Turkish crimes against humanity by all means but let us not use that as a blanket with which to cover up our own crimes against sanity.*Another detail which we prefer to de-emphasize.The Armenian population of Armenia is going down but the Armenian population of Turkey is going up.*The dream of every David is to slay Goliaths and the dream of every sardine to swallow sharks.Sunday, October 13, 2002****************************The only time two human beings cannot understand each other is when one of them has allowed himself to be dehumanized by surrendering his mind and soul to a religion, an ideology, a closed system of thought or an unverifiable abstraction --so that one can longer speak of two beings who belong to the same species, speak the same language, or share anything in common.*I don't write for Armenians; I write for human beingsand against bigots regardless of national identity.I believe to blame others for all our problems is to allow the corrupt and the incompetent to continue misleading and deceiving the people.I believe those who uphold tribalism in the name of this or that orthodoxy or ideology are our gravediggers.I don't believe in moral victories in an amoral world; I believe our so-called moral victories are fabrications whose sole aim is to justify the blunders of bunglers.I believe in the rule that says: "The larger the egothe smaller the brain."I believe if I were to live another hundred years andpublish a hundred more books I would make no difference, but I go on writing anyway. Figure that one out if you can.Tuesday, October 15, 2002*****************************There is garden variety crap, and then there is mullah crap, and then there is mullah crap recycled by dupes, and I don't mean Arab dupes but Western dupes – the lunatic fringe of the lunatic fringe.*There are many sayings about money but my favorite is the one that says money allows you the luxury to tell some people to go to ####. Needless to add, this can be done only in a democracy. The only way to have money in a totalitarian state is by joining the establishment, which means collaborating with oppressors, criminals, and murderers.*One good thing about discussion forums on the internet is that trees don't have to die to allow some idiot to regurgitate his favorite brand of recycled crap.*You may agree or disagree with a human being but you can do neither with a jackass especially if his name is Jack S. Avanakian. That’s because a jackass cannot think for himself and it is impossible to disagree with nothingness. *According to Franзoise Sagan: "All girls have one thing in common: they are all liars." And, according to Diogenes, so are all men and women.*Peter Fraser: "The closer you get to your opponents the smaller they look."*Plato: "Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."*George Chapman: "Ignorance is the mother of admiration."
PARALLELS******************************Zionism and Israel are as much reactions against anti-semitism as Armenian nationalism and terrorism are reactions against Turkish oppression and crimes against humanity.*The world will never view Turks through Armenian eyes in the same way that it will never view Americans through Afro-American eyes, Russians through Chechen eyes, Indians through the eyes of Untouchables, and so on….*Our tribalism is our responsibility, our Genocide someone else’s. Emphasizing the Genocide allows us to assert moral superiority. *Let us expose Turkish crimes against humanity by all means but let us not use that as a blanket with which to cover up our own crimes against sanity.*Another detail which we prefer to de-emphasize.The Armenian population of Armenia is going down but the Armenian population of Turkey is going up.*The dream of every David is to slay Goliaths and the dream of every sardine to swallow sharks.Sunday, October 13, 2002****************************The only time two human beings cannot understand each other is when one of them has allowed himself to be dehumanized by surrendering his mind and soul to a religion, an ideology, a closed system of thought or an unverifiable abstraction --so that one can longer speak of two beings who belong to the same species, speak the same language, or share anything in common.*I don't write for Armenians; I write for human beingsand against bigots regardless of national identity.I believe to blame others for all our problems is to allow the corrupt and the incompetent to continue misleading and deceiving the people.I believe those who uphold tribalism in the name of this or that orthodoxy or ideology are our gravediggers.I don't believe in moral victories in an amoral world; I believe our so-called moral victories are fabrications whose sole aim is to justify the blunders of bunglers.I believe in the rule that says: "The larger the egothe smaller the brain."I believe if I were to live another hundred years andpublish a hundred more books I would make no difference, but I go on writing anyway. Figure that one out if you can.Tuesday, October 15, 2002*****************************There is garden variety crap, and then there is mullah crap, and then there is mullah crap recycled by dupes, and I don't mean Arab dupes but Western dupes – the lunatic fringe of the lunatic fringe.*There are many sayings about money but my favorite is the one that says money allows you the luxury to tell some people to go to ####. Needless to add, this can be done only in a democracy. The only way to have money in a totalitarian state is by joining the establishment, which means collaborating with oppressors, criminals, and murderers.*One good thing about discussion forums on the internet is that trees don't have to die to allow some idiot to regurgitate his favorite brand of recycled crap.*You may agree or disagree with a human being but you can do neither with a jackass especially if his name is Jack S. Avanakian. That’s because a jackass cannot think for himself and it is impossible to disagree with nothingness. *According to Franзoise Sagan: "All girls have one thing in common: they are all liars." And, according to Diogenes, so are all men and women.*Peter Fraser: "The closer you get to your opponents the smaller they look."*Plato: "Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."*George Chapman: "Ignorance is the mother of admiration."
Congratulations! You are copy master, and what you can say from yourself?