Urgent Action Regarding Rep. Jane Harman- Armenian

How about all the Armenians in her district who have mistakenly voted for her??

Armenian Genocide Resolution -- Urgent Action

Rep. Jane Harman Secretly Seeking to Kill Armenian Genocide Resolution (H.Res.106)

Los Angeles Area Activists Urged to Take Action In a shocking development, sources on Capitol Hill reported today that Los Angeles area Member of Congress Jane Harman, while publicly serving as a cosponsor of the Armenian Genocide Resolution, is in fact working aggressively behind the scenes, alongside the Turkish government, to defeat this human rights legislation.

Please take a moment to contact Rep. Harman's office today.

1) By phone – Please Call (202) 225-8220 and ask for Foreign Affairs Staffer Jay Hulings.Sample Phone Script:

[The phone will be answered by a receptionist. Ask to speak to Jay Hulings, the aide that handles foreign affairs for the Congresswoman. Whether you speak to this assistant or leave a written or voicemail message, please state your name and then share the following points.]

* I am calling to express my sharp disappointment with the Congresswoman's betrayal of her commitment to support universal recognition of the Armenian Genocide.

* Learning of her secretive opposition to the Armenian Genocide Resolution (H.Res.106) is particularly troubling given her longstanding public support for this human rights legislation.

* I am deeply troubled by her hypocrisy and wanted to tell you that I will be sharing this sad news with my friends and family in her district.

[Close your call by asking for a written explanation of the Congresswoman's reversal.]

2) By email - Go to http://www.house.gov/harman/contact/email.shtml to send Rep. Harman a message - choose your words wisely.

post-30637-1191751099.jpg

3) Send an ANCA email http://capwiz.com/anca/issues/alert/...384961&type=cu

Harman wrote a letter to House Foreign Relations Committee Chair Tom Lantos Wednesday urging him to withdraw it from consideration, and announcing that she will oppose the very resolution she affixed her name to. Excerpt:

My father was a refugee to the United States from Nazi Germany. I understand the consquences of ethnic and racial persecution, and am comitted to fighting and condemning acts of genocide wherever they occur. That is why I agreed to cosponsor H. Res. 106. I am convinced that a terrible crime was committed against the Armenian people. That crime should be recognized and condemned.However, following a visit to Turkey earlier this year that included meetings with Prime Minister Erdogan, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarch and colleagues of murdered journalist Hrant Dink, I have great concern that this is the wrong time for the Congress to consider this measure.Due to my security focus in the House, I have made 18 trips to the Middle East region over the past 14 years and am persuaded that Turkey plays a critically important role in moderating extremist forces there. Given the nature of the threat, I believe it is imperative to nurture that role -- however valid from the historical perspective, we should avoid taking steps that would embarrass or isolate the Turkish leadership.

Never trust to jewish! As I've no any doubts that she's jewish I'd say that they do their best just for themselves and there's no matter who you are armenian or alien from the Mars. I got the only question - why did amer. armenians vote for that f****n lady!

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I remember a couple of days ago ARFD organized a mass-meeting related to Harman's behaviour.