Моё хитрожёлтое письмо Economist-у

Guest Чатский

Guest Чатский

SIR – You note that a quick resolution of the 30-year-old Cyprus problem would not only allow the Turkish part of the island to join the EU on May 1st, but also would boost Turkey’s own chances of getting a “date for the opening of EU negotiations” (“Making up is hard to do”, February 8th; and “The importance of backing Erdogan”, January 31st). By this logic, would it not further boost Turkey’s chances of joining the EU, if Turkey resolved its own long-standing dispute with Armenia regarding the genocide perpetrated by the Turks against Armenians in 1915 – a crime acknowledged by resolutions of the European Parliament and parliaments of several European countries?

Guest Чатский
так они тебе и ответили, Чатский... надежды ноль  :/

На прошлое ответили - если интересует, могу постнуть и моё письмо, и ответ их редактора. Я, собственно, не на ответ расчитываю, - мне хотелось бы, чтоб они его опубликовали. :)

Edited by Чатский
Guest Чатский
Да, я имел ввиду что не опубликуют, сорри неверно выразился.

А касательно предыдущего, было бы интересно

Почему это? - в текущем номере, н-р, опубликовали письмо моей хорошей знакомой, с которой мы вместе учились.

Вот моё письмо. Их извинительный ответ в моём рабочем компе - постну позже.

SIR - I am dismayed that in your page long article about the Caucasus (“Loss of Balance”, November 8th), Armenia is barely mentioned in three sentences.

While you question, if “the rest of the world is paying” enough “attention” to the Caucasus, I cannot help but wonder, why The Economist pays so little attention to Armenia. Could it be for the reason so well illustrated on the inset map of the Caucasus, accompanying the article: no oil or gas flows from or through Armenia to the West?

Guest Чатский
М-да :) Чегой то Вы доисследовались в своих Охайях, Чатский джан :)

Детский сад штаны на лямках, ей Богу :) .

Норайр, Вы начинаете вести себя некорректно.

Նորայր, պարզ է որ այսպիսի մի նամակը հարց չի լուծում: Բայց ես կարծում եմ որ միշտ էլ պետք է տեղ հասցնել այսպիսի կարծիքները, որպեսզի իմանան, որ էս տեսակ կարծիք էլ գոյություն ունի: ՈՒ ինչքան շատ, այնքան լավ:

Բացի դա կհամաձայնվեք ինձ հետ, որ էս տեսակ բաներից ևրոպացիք, ինչպես նայև ամերիկացիք ընկնում են դիսկոմֆորտի մեջ, դատից, աղմուկից սարսափելով: Իրենց միշտ թվում է....

Վերջապես մենք էլ, կներեք արտահայտությանս, ոչխար չենք:

Guest Чатский
Хорошие учителя, Чатский :) Но в общем Вы правы, Вы не оправдание, негоже так...

При чём тут "учителя? Чему я "не оправдание"?? Что за чушь Вы несёте, Норайр??! :/

Откуда эта установка, что Вам априори всё видно дальше и лучше других?? Вы ведь даже не в курсе, зачем я пишу письма в Экономист, да, ещё такого наивного содержания? И не надо, пожалуйста, высказывать заведомо неправильные предположения на этот счёт. Лучше просто промолчите. :/

При чем учителя говорите? Не при чем, Чатский. И Вы моим постам не оправдание никакое, так что промолчу действительно.

Сатеник, ну не форумный разговор. И вообще, важно не то что думают неармяне, а то что делают армяне. :) И КАК делают :)

Guest Чатский
И Вы моим постам не оправдание никакое, так что промолчу действительно.

Вот, как напишу в форуме, так потом каждые пять минут проверяю, не ответил ли Норайр, не нарушил ли своего золотого молчания... :ermm:

Guest Чатский
Вот моё письмо. Их извинительный ответ в моём рабочем компе - постну позже.

SIR - I am dismayed that in your page long article about the Caucasus (“Loss of Balance”, November 8th), Armenia is barely mentioned in three sentences.

While you question, if “the rest of the world is paying” enough “attention” to the Caucasus, I cannot help but wonder, why The Economist pays so little attention to Armenia. Could it be for the reason so well illustrated on the inset map of the Caucasus, accompanying the article: no oil or gas flows from or through Armenia to the West?

Обещанный ответ:

Dear *********,

Thank you for your e-mail. I just wanted to assure you that it wasn't because we wish to ignore Armenia, and nor was it because of oil or gas. It was just that my Moscow correspondent, who also covers the Caucasus from time to tome, had spent some time in Baku and then some time in Tbilisi, and that story about democracy in the region naturally fitted round recent events in those two countries. I'm sure we will find a reason to write at more length about Armenia soon.

Yours

John Peet

Europe editor