Пиво и йогурт!

2400 лет назад Армению посетили греческий историк Ксенофан. Он рассказывает, что во всех армянских домах обязательно было мясо,к которому подавали не только вино, но и пиво. Об армянском пиве свидетельствуют также раскопки 1 в. до н.э. Историки пишут, что наши враги забирали с собой не только ценные веши, драгоценности, но также и пиво.

Ксенофан назвал армянское пиво вином, приготовленным из пшеницы. Пиво готовили из пшеницы, риса или кукурузы. Пшеницу держали в воде, затем сушили, мололи и помещали в горячую воду. Смесь должна была

забродить. Раньше пиво хранили даже в 1200-литровых посудах.В эти посуды опускались камышовые трубочки, с помощью которых и пили пиво.

Первые упоминания об армянском пиве можно найти в книге "Анабасис" древнегреческого писателя и историографа Ксенофона, побывавшего в Армении в 401г. до н.э., и подробно описавшего процесс приготовления этого ячменного напитка. Армянские пивовары из поколения в поколение сохранили некоторые тайны приготовления пива, благодаря которым армянское пиво приобрело особый вкус и своеобразие.

отсюда

Конечно может и не придумано, но 401 г. до н.э О МНОГО ГОВОРИТ!

И даже еслиб не это, у нас такие сорта пива как KOTAYK, KILIKIA, EREBUNI. Вообще есть ли равные им в мире? И это не просто мои слова, кто незнает У того же Котайка или Киликии медалей куча! Ни одно скажем российское пиво по титулам не сравниться с армянским, причем медали получены в основном в Москве и Сочи. А Котайк так же получил кубок который есть только у ихнего завода в мире, это за то что 2 раза подряд получил золотую медаль. Но мне почему то больше всех нравиться Эребуни! Но это впрчоем один завод, кроме Киликии.

Вот, а про йогурт потверждения в сети не нашел, ну и не искал, но это я слышал от знакомых, умный человек один поведал, что немцы давно приезжали в Армении, ну и коенчно у всех в доме мацун, а мацун как вы знаете это ЮГХ (yugh), так называли и когда те спросили что это, наши сказали, и так и поехало, немцы стали называть ЮГГХурт, на свой манер, впринципе ОЧЕНЬ даже реалистично учитывая название и самое главное состав! Конечный вкус, ведь ясно что мацун раньше чем йогурт появился на свет. Что вы думаете, может что слышали? :)

Turning Milk into Gold

By Rebecca Piro

Bob Colombosian goes by more than one name. "Colombosian or Colombo - whatever," he says. "It depends who I'm talking to."

Those who know the Argilla Road resident know that the name Colombo is not just a nickname or a whim. It represents the whole history behind Colombo Yogurt, a major yogurt distributor in New England. And it all began here in Andover, as is revealed in Colombo's latest advertising kick - a TV commercial starring Bob Colombosian.

FP_001a.jpg

Bob Colombosian and his wife, Alice, have seen Bob's family yogurt company, Colombo, grow by leaps and bounds. Colombo's latest commercial, starring Bob Colombosian, features an "Entering Andover" street sign and has the town talking. The couple still live in town, and Colombosian's Andover contemporaries remember visiting his family's farm and trying the yogurt before it was ever sold in stores. Photo by Tim Jean

It started on a kitchen stove. There was a farm, a barn, a couple of cows," says Colombosian, gesturing across his backyard to a white house next door. That's where his parents, Rose and Sarkis Colombosian, started the first Colombo Yogurt plant in 1929.

The Colombosians came to Massachusetts in the 1920s from Armenia, the "old country," where yogurt is a staple food in Middle Eastern cuisine.

"They had a lot of milk and they didn't know what to do with it," says wife Alice Colombosian. "That's how it all started."

"We had to make a living," her husband agrees.

The television ad, viewed by many residents already, features Colombosian standing on Elm Street near Merrimack College below an "Entering Andover" sign. He tells a brief story of his Armenian mother and the history of the business.

Colombosian and his younger brother John were fully invested in the company by the time they were teenagers, processing milk and driving a pick-up truck full of glass-bottled yogurt down to New Jersey, where there was a high population of Armenians and a market for yogurt. They sold Syrian and braided cheese as well.

It took years for yogurt to catch on in New England, Colombosian says. But when it finally did, he decided a name change was necessary. "A lot of people couldn't say Colombosian," he says. Hence the shortened version.

In 1971 the Colombosians moved the plant to Pelham Street in Methuen,where the facility still stands today. A book on Andover's history says that town officials would not let Colombosian expand the plant on Argilla Road, and Colombosian was not interested in an available parcel in Ballardvale. Officials finally told Colombosian to simply leave town if he wanted to expand, according to Andover: A Century of Change.

The move to Methuen proved to be a positive one. "In 1970, sales were at $250,000," says Colombosian. "In 1971, they jumped to $1 million. And it kept doubling after that."

Colombo Yogurt Co. sold its product to Hood and Sealtest at the time. It began adding fruit on the bottom - after competitor Dannon had already done it in the New York market - and experimenting with different flavors like coffee and vanilla. And the secret recipe - well, that's the thing, says Colombosian. There really is no secret.

"Every ethnic (Armenian) person knows how to make it," he says of the milk-based recipe. "It is simple, but you have to follow the instructions to the T."

Colombosian retired and sold to the French company Bongrain in the early '90s. That company in turn sold to General Mills a few years later. General Mills recently began producing the yogurt in a cup with a punch-out plastic spoon in the cover - something Colombosian can't take credit far, but wishes he could. "I thought that was the greatest thing ever!" he says. "What - are you going to eat it with your fingers?"

A few months ago, General Mills recruited the retired Colombosian to introduce himself to consumers as the Colombo creator in a TV advertisement. "I said, 'I'm all for it,' " he says. "I have nothing else to do." He doesn't get free yogurt delivered to his doorstep from the deal, however. "They give me coupons," he says.

Colombosian can't help but be proud of the company his family created. "I see my product all over the country," he says, smiling. In his opinion, one person can never have too much yogurt.

"I like it plain, really," Colombosian says. He stops, reconsiders. "Or with cucumbers. Well, I also like strawberry and coffee. And vanilla..."

Locals remember milk goat, yogurt

By Rebecca Piro

Brian Bevacqua, 13, wasn't too sure what to think when he saw a television commercial for Colombo Yogurt claiming the product was invented in Andover.

"I haven't heard of the company being here," says Bevacqua quizzically. "I eat the yogurt, though."

It turns out that the older generation remembers the Colombo Yogurt Co. in Andover much more clearly. Residents who meet at Old Town Hall's Drop-In Center know well the Colombo family and the business that sunk its roots in town in 1929, as the TV ad starring Bob Colombo explains.

"That's Bobby Colombo! He drives a red Jaguar convertible with a tan roof," says resident Fred Eastman, who has seen the commercial.

Bob Colombo - short for Colombosian - is the son of Rose Colombosian, an Armenian woman who lived in town and invented the now-famous yogurt. "We grew up with Bobby," says resident Jim Carmichael. "He was in the Andover school system."

"I had his mother's yogurt before it ever hit the market," says Ted Cole, adding that he had milked one of the goats that Rose Colombosian raised on the family farm. Today, a Colombo Yogurt facility is located in Methuen on Pelham Street, says resident Bernice Haggerty.

The commercial was filmed about a month ago on Elm Street near Merrimack College, right below the "Entering Andover" sign, says Eastman. It features Colombo telling the story of his mother's invention.

The Colombosians came to Massachusetts in the 1920s from Armenia, the "old country," where yogurt is a staple food in Middle Eastern cuisine.

"Every ethnic (Armenian) person knows how to make it," he says of the milk-based recipe. "It is simple, but you have to follow the instructions to the T."

Значит все таки это так :yes:

ia iz vseh tol'ko KILIKIU pil i chestno govoria mne ne ochen' ponravilos', pokazalos' slishkom zhestkim. Hotia mozhet ono prosto staroe bilo. Erebuni u nas ne prodaut, a vot KATAYK vrode est', obiazatel'no poprobyu

Смотря где ты живешь, в Москве по разному например КОТАЙК бывает, есть скажем магазин где он всегда старый поэтому это антирекламапива, многию пъют видят горький не вкусный думают плохое пиво. Плохая реклама у армянской продукции.... Хотя видел в Москве фургон Котайка.