Armenian Translation

Hello there! I'm Greek and new to the forum... I live at Athens and I found an armenian church bell! There is a phrase writen on its parameter. I have photographed it and I was wondering if anyone on this forum would like to translate it (to english of course!)... I can send these photos to anyone intersted! I'd be glad to hearing from anyone on this forum...

Thanks a lot!

Yia sas!

Hello there! I'm Greek and new to the forum... I live at Athens and I found an armenian church bell! There is a phrase writen on its parameter. I have photographed it and I was wondering if anyone on this forum would like to translate it (to english of course!)... I can send these photos to anyone intersted! I'd be glad to hearing from anyone on this forum...

Thanks a lot!

Yia sas!

Welcome to Hayastan.com and thank you for your very interesting post. Yes, please post the photos here (the forum allows that) so that we can translate it.

Again: welcome very much! :flower:

Nikolas, it's written in Western Armenian. Text:

զանգեր ղօղանջէք մենք չինկանք միշտ կանք

Approximate translation: "Strike the bells! We didn't fall, we'll always be!"

(Or something like that)

It tells:

Զանգեր ղողանջէք, մենք չինկանք, միշտ կանք:

Which means: “Strike bells, we did not fall, we always live”

Also, between the larger words there are minor and almost invisible words – names of Armenian towns occupied by turks…

Nikolas, it's written in Western Armenian. Text:

զանգեր ղօղանջէք մենք չինկանք միշտ կանք

Approximate translation: "Strike the bells! We didn't fall, we'll always be!"

(Or something like that)

Oops... I didn't see you had answered :-)

sorry but i'm completely off-Armenian...! what's the difference between eastern and western armenian? Is it so big that you don't know the exact translation of this phrase?

Can anyone give a more exact translation?

thanx a lot kars!

Well, the difference between Western and Eastern Armenan is minor. We both undertadn it well, and the translationS both are correctl. :yes:

The Armenins living in Greece speak western Armenian.

Thanks a lot both! I think this is the fastest forum on the net! The greek letters that are not visible from the photo say that armenian martyres fought against the Turks and died...!

Yes, this is the largest and most popular forum of Caucasians onthe Earth :-)

Well, the large text around the ball tells nothing about FIGHT. But the minor text pieces on the bell (whch are not properly visible) tell about fight...

Also the bell itself is decoraed sothat it seems to be related to fight...