Aftermath Reporting On The Armenian Genocide

Hello! Just thought I'll introduce myself before I present the premise of this post. I'm Flora Korkis, and I'm the president and founder of Aftermath, which is a group that makes people more aware of nation-to-nation and local violence. I'm 17, and Armenian/Arabic. My home is Canada, but my heart is still in Iraq and Armenia. You can understand how I feel, and I can understand how you all feel, about the Turkish government's denial of the massacre that occurred on April 24th, 1915. I know I can't change incredibly much, even with my group (which is not fully established quite yet, but will be within a few weeks), which is where you all come in. If you guys know of any good events, or any good resources (books, movies, any form of media) that may help me out, it would be really appreciated if you guys post them. Although I already have a good amount of resources and an event to go to (Toronto rally in April), it never hurts to have more.

Much love,

Flora Korkis (Korr-kees, not Korr-kiss!) :cool:

PS: Also remember that I don't speak Armenian (though I'm working on that!), so please don't give me anything in Armenian :)

Edited by Flora Korkis

Круто.....но кто бы ещё и перевёл что там Интурист лопочет! а то мой толмач на работе....может она кемскую волость требует?

Круто.....но кто бы ещё и перевёл что там Интурист лопочет! а то мой толмач на работе....может она кемскую волость требует?

:lol: I'm really sorry but I don't understand Armenian :(

Hello! Just thought I'll introduce myself before I present the premise of this post. I'm Flora Korkis, and I'm the president and founder of Aftermath, which is a group that makes people more aware of nation-to-nation and local violence. I'm 17, and Armenian/Arabic. My home is Canada, but my heart is still in Iraq and Armenia. You can understand how I feel, and I can understand how you all feel, about the Turkish government's denial of the massacre that occurred on April 24th, 1915. I know I can't change incredibly much, even with my group (which is not fully established quite yet, but will be within a few weeks), which is where you all come in. If you guys know of any good events, or any good resources (books, movies, any form of media) that may help me out, it would be really appreciated if you guys post them. Although I already have a good amount of resources and an event to go to (Toronto rally in April), it never hurts to have more.

Much love,

Flora Korkis (Korr-kees, not Korr-kiss!) :cool:

PS: Also remember that I don't speak Armenian (though I'm working on that!), so please don't give me anything in Armenian :)

Hello, Flora, and welcome to forum.hayastan.com ! :welcome:

You may introduce yourself here, if you wish: http://forum.hayastan.com/index.php?showforum=66

Regarding the Armenian Genocide: it’s a vast subject and there is a lot of information on this topic. You’ll be much better off if you try to search the Internet rather than limit yourself to few links and opinions here. The topic of the Armenian Genocide cannot be simply summarized in few sentences, posts or links. Though there are volumes of valuable information in this forum, most of it, as you may have already noticed, is either in Armenian or in Russian.

Kars, I'm not limiting myself! :) I'm just trying to get some more resources. I'm constantly looking for information, and getting a bit of help here and there is always good. However, I always look through things myself as well, and spend numerous hours at the library each day doing so, as I currently am right now because I'm writing a study on The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki (it's an AMAZING book - I should type up my study for you all when I'm done! :p).

Ай цавт танем...здесь сори не сори.but this is not Armenian languages.this is Great russian.Im sorry too!

Well, the lettering is quite similar so I couldn't tell. Meanie! :p

lol you guys are a bunch of asses. I used the online translator and it said something about "Here litter do not litter." I'm really, really confused.

JERKS! :p ;)

:lol: :lol: What!? Dear Flora most of postings on this site are in russian, since you dont speak russian I dont think you can find this site very useful. But you will definitely find a lot of friends on this site. Have fun browsing our forum. :flag:

:lol: :lol: What!? Dear Flora most of postings on this site are in russian, since you dont speak russian I dont think you can find this site very useful. But you will definitely find a lot of friends on this site. Have fun browsing our forum. :flag:

Perhaps I should post in Arabic and see how it makes YOU all feel. :lol:

I do feel a bit out of place, but for some reason I feel really compelled to read stuff on here (well, the stuff I can understand, ofcourse). :cool:

lol you guys are a bunch of asses. I used the online translator and it said something about "Here litter do not litter." I'm really, really confused.

JERKS! :p ;)

:lool: :lool:

This was real funny!

Dear Flora, there was no such word as “litter” in that message! It’s all your online translator’s fault. These translators are typical brainless, humorless robots. It translated the Russian word “сори” as “litter” while the actual meaning of the word is “sorry”! (Simple transliteration from English to Cyrillic letters).

Here is the complete translation of fidayin-1961’s phrase (in response to your posting):

Ай цавт танем...здесь сори не сори = “My dear, sorry or no sorry …”

:lool: :lool:

This was real funny!

Dear Flora, there was no such word as "litter" in that message! It's all your online translator's fault. These translators are typical brainless, humorless robots. It translated the Russian word "сори" as "litter" while the actual meaning of the word is "sorry"! (Simple transliteration from English to Cyrillic letters).

:lol: I knew something was definitely wrong with the message, because who the Hell would say that? It didn't make any sense. Well, you learn something new everyday. :doh:

Perhaps I should post in Arabic and see how it makes YOU all feel. :lol:

Well said! I also think that replying to a forum participant in a language which is not understood by the participant is impolite, at least.

Well said! I also think that replying to a forum participant in a language which is not understood by the participant is impolite, at least.

I was KIDDING. Gee Kars, you're not the sharpest fella, are you? :p

Here is the complete translation of fidayin-1961's phrase (in response to your posting):

Ай цавт танем...здесь сори не сори = "My dear, sorry or no sorry …"

Не ну я понимаю .но оленем за что обзывать-dear! :fedayi: