Հայ Ցեղասպանութեան Խօսք Անգլերեն Դասարա&

Երբ ես Անգլերենի դասարանիս մէջն էի, Ամէրիկացի դպրոցիս մէջ, մենք կը խօսէինք գիրքի մը մասին որ կը կարդայինք, եւ ինչպէս կառաւարութիւնը կը փորձէր մարդոց միտքերը փոխել, եւ ուսուցչուհին օրինակ մը տուաւ Հայ Ցեղասպանութեան մասին յիշատակելով, եւ ըսելով ինչպէս թուրքերը կը փորձէին ամէն մարդու համոզել որ իրենք ցեղասպանութիւն չեն ըրած: Անկէ վերջ, ուրիշ հայ մը իմ դասարանիս մէջ աւելի բացատրեց ցեղասպանութիւնը երբ ուսուցչուհին նկատեց որ ան իրմէ աւելի գիտեր զայն մասին: Ես զարմացայ որ իմ ուսուցչուհիս երբեք գիտեր ցեղասպանութեան մասին: Ինծի համար, քիչ մը տարօրինակ, բայց նոյնպէս հպարտ, փորձառութիւն մըն էր: Հաճիս ըսէ՛ ինչ կը կարծես այս պատմութեան մասին: :)

When I was in my English class, in my American school, we were talking about a book that we were reading, and how the government was trying to "brainwash" the minds of the people, and my teacher gave an example by mentioning the Armenian Genocide, and by saying how the Turks were trying to convince everyone that they didn't commit genocide. After that, another Armenian in my class explained more about the genocide when the teacher noticed that he knew more about it than her. I was surprised that my teacher knew about the genocide at all. For me, it was a partially weird, but also proud, experience. Please tell what you think of this story. :)

Edited by eliabilemjian
Երբ ես Անգլերենի դասարանիս մէջն էի, Ամէրիկացի դպրոցիս մէջ, մենք կը խօսէինք գիրքի մը մասին որ կը կարդայինք, եւ ինչպէս կառաւարութիւնը կը փորձէր մարդոց միտքերը փոխել, եւ ուսուցչուհին օրինակ մը տուաւ Հայ Ցեղասպանութեան մասին յիշատակելով, եւ ըսելով ինչպէս թուրքերը կը փորձէին ամէն մարդու համոզել որ իրենք ցեղասպանութիւն չեն ըրած: Անկէ վերջ, ուրիշ հայ մը իմ դասարանիս մէջ աւելի բացատրեց ցեղասպանութիւնը երբ ուսուցչուհին նկատեց որ ան իրմէ աւելի գիտեր զայն մասին: Ես զարմացայ որ իմ ուսուցչուհիս երբեք գիտեր ցեղասպանութեան մասին: Ինծի համար, քիչ մը տարօրինակ, բայց նոյնպէս հպարտ, փորձառութիւն մըն էր: Հաճիս ըսէ՛ ինչ կը կարծես այս պատմութեան մասին: :)

When I was in my English class, in my American school, we were talking about a book that we were reading, and how the government was trying to "brainwash" the minds of the people, and my teacher gave an example by mentioning the Armenian Genocide, and by saying how the Turks were trying to convince everyone that they didn't commit genocide. After that, another Armenian in my class explained more about the genocide when the teacher noticed that he knew more about it than her. I was surprised that my teacher knew about the genocide at all. For me, it was a partially weird, but also proud, experience. Please tell what you think of this story. :)

Well, it is my observation that most educated people in US have heard about the Genocide and know some history in this regard.

In fact, the Genocide is practically recognized in California public school system; it is specifically mentioned in history textbooks.

I’ll try to find it and post those pages here (if I somehow saved these books).

Իրա՞ւ: Որմէկ դասարանին մէջ սորված կ'ըլլայ: Եթէ 8-որդ դասարանէն առաջ է, ես չեմ տեսած այս ճանաչումը դպրոցիս մէջ:

Really!? What grade is it learned in? If it's before 8th grade, I haven't seen this recognition in my school.

Guys, let me post it here. You can open a new topic with it or, better, make an announcement, I don't know how...:

Jewish World Watch/VBS & VBS Men’s Club

In Partnership with the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival

Present

Voices From The Lake

THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE REVEALED

Monday, April 23, 2007

Movie Time 7:00 p.m. --- Free

At Valley Beth Shalom

15739 Ventura Boulevard, Encino, California 91436

This compelling documentary on the Armenian Genocide tells

of the tragedy that befell the Armenian citizens

of Kharpert at the hands of the Turks in 1915

through the words and photos of its own residents.

SPECIAL GUEST: Award-Winning Filmmaker

Dr. J. Michael Hagopian

Producer/Director Hagopian (pictured left) has interviewed

over 400 survivors of the Armenian Genocide.

He and his parents were actually in Kharpert-Mezreh

when this movie’s events transpired.

For further information, please call (818) 530-4088 or

visit www.jewishworldwatch.org or www.vbs.org

and click on JWW icon.

POSTER IS HERE

Edited by MDA
So, this is a movie about the Armenian Genocide? Please give more information. :)

Dear Elia, please, read attentively the post, you'll find all necessary information. There is the website and other contact information below, as well as the link to the poster. Just have a look once again.

Edited by MDA

Ուրեմն, ուրիշ մարդ մը փորձառութիւն ունեցա՞ծ է երբ ուսուցիչը/ուսուցչուհին բան մը ըսած է Հայ Ցեղասպանութեան մասին: Եթէ ունեցած ես, հաճիս պատմէ՛ որ գիտնանք:

So, has anyone else had an experience in which a teacher said something about the Armenian Genocide? If you have, then please tell so that we could know.

Edited by eliabilemjian