Want to know more about Soghomon Teylerian

Hi

I am student from Israel and I have become very interested on the matter of revengers whom executed the heads of the genocide mashines of our century. From my investigation on Shalom "Шварцбард"(which assasinated in Paris Simon Petlura, the head of Ukrainian "Central Rada", responsible for massacering half million jews in haydamak "pogroms" of due 1917-1920), I became aware of similar act commited by Soghomon Teylerian. Both of them were justified in european courts(Shwartzbard in the french and Teylerian at german). I would like to know more on Teylerian's background and motives, and especially on the details of the trial which justified his action.

I should say also, that as an israeli I think my country should recoginise officially the genocide made by turks in the beginning of a 20th century. I also visited the armenian genocide museum at the armenian quartal in the Old City in Jerusalem and was shocked by what I saw there. Although I think that one of the critical reasons Israel on the wrong side on this matter is because there are no armenian jews here, and on the other hand, plenty of turkish jews.

It is interesting, however, how come the jews never lived in Armenia. So If You have some information on this matter also' I would be glad to read about it.

By the way during the WWI turks which ruled Palestine, deportated all jewish settlers from Tel-Aviv and other settlements charging them of treason and support of the english forses. If english troops didn't liberated the Palestine from the turks soon enough after that, it is scary to think what could happen to the people which were deportated.

Thank you in advance for your answers - I can read both RUSSIAN and english

attachments:

http://www.peoples.ru/state/criminal/terrorist/petlura/

http://mahno.ru/lit/vek_voli/8.php

post-3-1084682955.jpg

Hello Howitzer,

Here is a link to Tehlirian's trial text:

http://www.cilicia.com/armo_tehlirian.html

Jews and Armenia:

http://www.haruth.com/JewsArmenia.html

There were approximately 3000 jews in Armenia during the last decade of Soviet Union (mainly in Yerevan). The number delined due to mass emmigration from Armenia in early 90-s (beacause of conflict, blockade, economic hardships).

There are around 100 to 150 jews left in Armenia at present as far as I know. However, the intermarrige between Jews and Armenians has been common in Soviet times, so there are people with mixed backgroud.

You can check out the link above on ancient and medieval Jewish community of Armenia.

The number I heard of jews in Armenia before the collapse is 50,000. Most migrated to israel obviously.

I think the only ones left are in Yerevan now, they have a pretty active community center and obviously a functioning synagogue.

Israel's denial and revisionism has nothing to do with the number of turkish sephardic jews and everything with the jewish belief that recognition of other genocidal crimes will "lessen the importance of the holocaust" or some other excuse like that often given by jewish leaders wordlwide and israeli officials. A secondary excuse is the military and economic alliance of turdey and israel and of course there are those on various payrolls such as bernard lewis.

Hello Phrygian

There is a lot of critisism in Israel on the "too" cooperating policy towards Turkey. In the past such a policy was managed with pre-homenist Iran. In those times Israel put "all the eggs in one bag" and was the closest friend of the shakh's regime. These days many regret on that matter and warning that the similar thing is going on with Turkey, that Israel relying on it too much, while sudden islamistic uprisal can dramaticly change the situation. Althogh that grim scenaio is seeming to happen now as yesterday's lebanonian "AL Mustacbal" newspaper reporting Turkey has freezed all contracts signed with israel including the one of water export.

post-3-1084722114.jpg

Hi Howitzer!

The pretty intresting question about the Armenia-living jews and why are they so few was already discussed at this forum here

There are also some intersting infos added about the jews in ancient Armenia.

Is it Haim Revivo on that foto? I haven't heard any more about him since he had played in the spanish 'primera division'. ( Celta-Vigo?) So, now he is playing Galatasaray? :brows: He must have a terrible personal manager :/