Թարգմանություն - Перевод - Translation

Թուրք. arabacı - կառապան, սայլորդ (cart or carriage driver, araba driver).

Thanks so much! (So sorry I couldn't reply earlier!)

Okay, here's the next: դանոս

The context is that Zaki had to report how many cattle he had, but he lied about it (so that he would appear poorer than he is).

Մի շաբաթ հետո ամբողջ գյուղն էր խոսում այն մասին, թե Արաբաջի Զաքին սուտ է ասել տավարը գրելիս, ու մեկը «դանոս» է գրել:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much! (So sorry I couldn't reply earlier!)

Okay, here's the next: դանոս

The context is that Zaki had to report how many cattle he had, but he lied about it (so that he would appear poorer than he is).

Մի շաբաթ հետո ամբողջ գյուղն էր խոսում այն մասին, թե Արաբաջի Զաքին սուտ է ասել տավարը գրելիս, ու մեկը «դանոս» է գրել:

«դանոս» - ռուսերեն донос - «մատնություն». In other words, someone snitched on him.

• 2 months later...

Помогите плиз... Как правильно пишется на армянском выражение - Ужнэ цнум иравунк@ - сила рождает право

Лююююдиииииии аууууу, ну очень срочно нужно армянскими буквами написать правильно это выражение... помогите кто-нибудь

Лююююдиииииии аууууу, ну очень срочно нужно армянскими буквами написать правильно это выражение... помогите кто-нибудь

Ուժն է ծնում իրավունքը: Вы это хотели?

Ուժն է ծնում իրավունքը: Вы это хотели?

Спасибо большое Аида Суреновна...

Именно это я и хотел. Писать читать (по слогам) могу но с очень большими ошибками. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm revisiting some stories and it's making me question my understanding of some things.

Here's one from «Նամակ ռուսաց թագավորին».

The text is here: http://hy.wikisource.org/wiki/Ն...;ին

Տվածնիս աչքերն առնի, բա հիմա ինչ է ուզում․․․

What does Տվածնիս mean in this context? On first reading I thought it meant something like "given to me," i.e. "the eyes that were given to me," but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks for any help!

Hi, I'm revisiting some stories and it's making me question my understanding of some things.

Here's one from «Նամակ ռուսաց թագավորին».

The text is here: http://hy.wikisource.org/wiki/Ն‰...;ին

Տվածնիս աչքերն առնի, բա հիմա ինչ է ուզում․․․

What does Տվածնիս mean in this context? On first reading I thought it meant something like "given to me," i.e. "the eyes that were given to me," but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks for any help!

"Տվածնիս" - dialectal for "տվածներս", "մեր տվածը" - "things we gave" or "given by us".

What else, paran jan? :)

"Տվածնիս" - dialectal for "տվածներս", "մեր տվածը" - "things we gave" or "given by us".

What else, paran jan? :)

:) Oh, I have many more things. One at a time.

Anyway, thanks! I still have a question about this, though. Now I'm not sure about the meaning of the expression. I tried to look it up, but all I can find is «աչք առնել», and I wonder if it's the same. Any ideas on what the expression «Տվածնիս աչքերն առնի» could mean?

:) Oh, I have many more things. One at a time.

Anyway, thanks! I still have a question about this, though. Now I'm not sure about the meaning of the expression. I tried to look it up, but all I can find is «աչք առնել», and I wonder if it's the same. Any ideas on what the expression «Տվածնիս աչքերն առնի» could mean?

This is from the “Phraseology” department. Therefore the expression should not be translated verbatim, just find an equivalent proverb in colloquial English. The meaning is: “Let them choke on it” (on what we’ve given to them).

This is from the “Phraseology” department. Therefore the expression should not be translated verbatim, just find an equivalent proverb in colloquial English. The meaning is: “Let them choke on it” (on what we’ve given to them).

Thanks! I'll see what I can find.

• 2 months later...

Hi, hope you all had a wonderful new year and an even better year to come.

Before I go on asking more questions (I know I've been inactive here for a while, but that won't last forever), I'd like to share a translation with you that I would not have been able to complete without your help. Feedback and comments are naturally welcome!

http://www.groong.org/tlg/tlg-20110108.html

Once again, thank you very, very much (esp. SAS and Kars)!!

• 1 month later...

Привет всем, это существующих документа может быть ходить в Интернете ...

Как вы думаете, у вас есть интересные перевод документа

31464784.jpg

post-43672-1297363919_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm back again with fresh questions. :) Would appreciate your help very much, as usual...

I'm working on «Էն Տարին».

The full text is here: http://www.eanc.net/EANC/library/Fiction%5...es_2.htm?page=2

My first question is: քվեստոր

«Ձախը» անպատճառ պիտի հարցապնդում աներ, աղմկեր, նախագահը երկու անգամ զանգահարեր, իսկ երրորդ անգամ՝ քվեստորին աչքով աներ, որ դուրս տանեն հարցապնդման հեղինակին:

Thanks!

No one can help me with the above?

Here's the next one, still in the same story:

Այն ժամանակ պատմական օրեր էին, երբ յուրաքանչյուր հայ լուսավորչական «միացյալ էր և անկախ» դուքանչին՝ աբոզ գրվող, պատվով մեռնող:

I think I understand what it says, but I'm not sure. Is he saying that every "enlightened Armenian" was united and free of shopkeepers? Does it mean that Armenians at this time no longer felt they had to be dependent on shopkeepers who, in those days, were often viewed as corrupt and tyrannical?

Բարև, paran ջան: Էս ո՞ւր ես կորել: Առանց քեզ հետաքրքիր չի այս թեմայում: :)

Կփորձեմ հարցերիդ պատասխանել. ինձ թվում է, որ հեշտ հարցեր են այս անգամ:

My first question is: քվեստոր

«Ձախը» անպատճառ պիտի հարցապնդում աներ, աղմկեր, նախագահը երկու անգամ զանգահարեր, իսկ երրորդ անգամ՝ քվեստորին աչքով աներ, որ դուրս տանեն հարցապնդման հեղինակին:

«Քվեստոր». այս բառը հայերենում ունի ճիշտ նույն նշանակությունը, ինչ և բոլոր մյուս լեզուներում: Լատիներեն quæstor բառն է՝ ինչ-որ ֆինանսական պաշտոնյա Հին Հռոմում: Անգլերեն ևս՝ quaestor. I think it should be "translated" as is, because it has no other, specific usage in Armenian. Evidently, it is used in this case in ironic, sarcastic sense.

Այն ժամանակ պատմական օրեր էին, երբ յուրաքանչյուր հայ լուսավորչական «միացյալ էր և անկախ» դուքանչին՝ աբոզ գրվող, պատվով մեռնող:

I think I understand what it says, but I'm not sure. Is he saying that every "enlightened Armenian"

No, «լուսավորչական» – one of widely used (the most widely used, I should say) colloquial definitions of adherents ("members") of the Armenian Apostolic Church.

Պաշտոնական անվանումը՝ Հայաստանյայց Առաքելական Եկեղեցի, ոչ պաշտոնական՝ Հայ Լուսավորչական Եկեղեցի (after Գրիգոր Լուսավորիչ, the founder of the Armenian Church).

I think I understand what it says, but I'm not sure. Is he saying that every "enlightened Armenian" was united and free of shopkeepers? Does it mean that Armenians at this time no longer felt they had to be dependent on shopkeepers who, in those days, were often viewed as corrupt and tyrannical?

No, this (միացյալ էր և անկախ) is a political mocking phrase, "insulting" in Bolshevik era. «Միացյալ էր և անկախ» is a mocking reference to Dashnaks, or nationalists in general. Ի դեպ, «լուսավորչական» բառի գործածումը տվյալ դեպքում, նույն նախադասության մեջ պատահական չէ՝ այն էլ ունի հեգնական իմաստ:

«Միացյալ և անկախ Հայաստան» - one of the most prominent political mottos (slogans) of the ARF.

paran, this entire sentence is a politically charged irony, with very specific colloquialisms. I have no idea how you are going to translate it!

No, this (միացյալ էր և անկախ) is a political mocking phrase, "insulting" in Bolshevik era. «Միացյալ էր և անկախ» is a mocking reference to Dashnaks, or nationalists in general. Ի դեպ, «լուսավորչական» բառի գործածումը տվյալ դեպքում, նույն նախադասության մեջ պատահական չէ՝ այն էլ ունի հեգնական իմաստ:

«Միացյալ և անկախ Հայաստան» - one of the most prominent political mottos (slogans) of the ARF.

Thank you so much!

So could I go for something like: "...when every Apostolic Armenian was “united and independent” of shopkeepers, enlisting voluntarily and dying honorably"?

Quaestor is a strange word... It had a very specific meaning in Rome. Is there another way the word was used in Armenian? Something like a magistrate or functionary?

Quaestor is a strange word... It had a very specific meaning in Rome. Is there another way the word was used in Armenian? Something like a magistrate or functionary?

Yes, it is a very strange word. Just like in English! And, no, it has absolutely no meaning in Armenian (other than the historic meaning). In fact, until today I didn't even know about this word, or title. But the sources I have handy indicate only this meaning. So don't be afraid to use it in translation - it'll sound just as awkward in English as it is awkward in Armenian.

• 1 month later...